Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Eighteen Degrees



This morning's walk was quite cold! I walked to road around the neighborhood at 18 degrees and with a brisk northern wind. The walk took a little over an hour, but it seemed to go much more quickly!

I have been trying to keep in shape since the walk last June. In August I started a training program called Couch to 5K. It is a 9 week training program for running a 5k - and since I have never run before, it has been a good start. I am going much more slowly than the 9 week program. I am at week 7 and running 2.5 miles 3 times a week.

My sister just started her Couch to 5K program. Hopefully we can do a run together (with Charlie the dog who is also in training) in the spring.

I am also trying to keep up some distant walking, so I do a walk around the neighborhood once a week.

No comments: