Saturday, April 08, 2006

14+ Mile Walk



Today I took the Spur Trail to the Rail Trail and headed toward Lamy. It was a beautiful morning. Not much wind and there were a lot of people on the trail. I saw an old fashioned cowboy with his black wooly horse, I passed a big group of people on mountain bikes, and I passed lots of individual walkers and bikers. It was a really nice morning and reminded me of the bike trips I would take by myself when I lived in Hiawatha, IA in 1993.

Here is a link to the Cedar Valley Nature Trail I took in Iowa.

Yesterday I walked to mile marker 8 on the rail trail.

On the walk I finished listening to a book on tape called The Mysterious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time. The story is told by an autistic boy, whose world is very compartmentalized and fairly devoid of emotional understanding. The logical compartmentalization of every item and incident in his life started to feel quite comfortable by the end of the book.

No comments: