Sunday, April 02, 2006

Saturday Walk

I walked about 12 miles on Saturday. I took the Spur trail to the county trail and turned toward Santa Fe. It was a pretty hilly walk. The last 4 miles of the walk were the hardest. The wind really picked up and it started to snow. About 3 miles from the car I saw a coyote. He ran out on to the trail, and I got scared because I expected the typical dog reaction. Instead of staring at me and then running toward me, he looked at me and ran away into the wooded area. He was beautiful. He looked really healthy and had a sleek coat of fur. Even though the weather was stormy, the snow and rain made the air smell like dirt - so fresh...

Here are some pictures from my trip.



This is a train bridge. It is a strange area of Santa Fe. There are a lot big expensive houses on the hills. This valley, which I think is equally beautiful, is filled with mobile homes and little shanty houses.



This is a rest break at the 3.4 mile point in the walk.

No comments: