Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sheryl Crow


Sheryl Crow was diagnosed with Breast Cancer this year and underwent surgery in February.

This is a March 22nd posting from Sheryl Crow's website:


Hey Everybody,

I cannot begin to tell you how much your cards, messages, letters, flowers, and prayers have meant to me these last few weeks. Needless to say, this has been a really challenging time for me and as I have always said, I have the greatest, most generous fans in the world.

I am doing really well. Strangely, I feel clear and optimistic...perhaps more than ever. I am on day 4 of my 33 radiation treatments and am feeling really good. As you know, my breast cancer was detected very early and I am completely blessed that it was removed and all I have to undergo in the way of treatment is radiation, strictly for preventative measures. I am told I will suffer fatigue starting about week 3 and some redness and some skin irritation in the final weeks. My great radiologist did tell me that my left breast would be firm and perky when I've completed the treatments and I asked if she could go ahead and radiate the other while she was at it. She said no.

I am also told that for the month after my treatment is complete, that I will probably my most tired. Believe you me, I will be taking it easy because I will be gearing up for our summer tour, which I am already looking forward to. It is my favorite time to tour and I feel certain, for me, it will be a celebration every night of how lucky I feel with this life I have been given.

My intent this year was to make this my year of firsts. In my usual fashion, I've been trying to drag everyone along with me. Chris Hudson tells a funny story about our agreement and how our first achievement was scuba diving for the first time ever. Being diagnosed with cancer was not on my shortlist of things to attempt during 2006 but here it is and it has really presented me with a whole new challenge and that is to stop everything that I'm used to doing and to really show up for myself. Luckily, I am surrounded with such strong, amazingly inspiring, and devoted family and friends. I feel like I'm floating through this on the backs of all those who care about me.

I keep saying how optimistic I feel. I will tell you that old saying of how when one doors closes, another opens....well, I would like to amend my intention for this year and say although it's still about firsts, it is also about all the open doors in front of me.

I can't wait to see you guys. Take care... and ladies, don't forget to get your mammograms!

love and peace...and good health!

sheryl

No comments: