Sunday, February 26, 2006

10 Miles


I did a 10 mile walk yesterday. It was tiring, but I was able to continue on with a busy day after the morning walk. I was pretty tired today, but I don't have any sore muscles, aches, or blisters. I did this 10 miles at the gym and plan to do 10 miles again next Saturday on the cold hard pavement.

For the last two weeks I have been drinking Rainbow Light protein before my walks (thank you to Margie - Joel's Auntie - for this great recommendation and supportive emails!) I think it has given me the energy to do the long walks, and I haven't been as hungry in the middle of the walks. As I move past 10 miles I am going to start drinking it before and after the walks to try to maintain my energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Val!! Way to go!! I drink Rainbow Light protein about 1/2 hour before ~and~ 1/2 hour after a regular workout, which are usually in the morning. If I were doing 10+ miles, and hadn't had real food for breakfast, I'd probably add a Clif or Luna bar in there somewhere. Can't keep that engine running if you run out of fuel.