Sunday, February 19, 2006

8 Miles

I did my 8 mile walk this week at the gym. The weather has been so cold and windy this week, I felt it was the safest way to get in my long walk for the week. Walking inside I noticed several difference between walking outside and walking on a treadmill. The first - and probably most important is that weather is exhausting. The weather alone adds a factor into a long walk. I also noticed a big difference in the soreness of my joints. My knees were a little sore after walking on the treadmill, but didn't experience any of the major joint soreness I have had walking on the asphalt.

I also found walking at the gym boring. I thought it would be more interesting than walking outside - I have access to 5 tvs with different show - and I was exercising with other people (something that is usually inspiring to me). But being inside was just not as interesting as walking outside.

While walking yesterday I listened to a painful book - the Wild Animus. After reading a couple of reviews this morning, I don't think the book is going to improve at all. Here is a review of the book, but I can't recommend it to anyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading the review, gotta say, it doesn't sound like one I'll be picking up! :-)

Marge