Saturday, March 04, 2006

10 Miles Again



I walked 10 miles again today. I am walking at the gym because I am having allergies this spring and I am trying to avoid exposure to the pollens. I have never had allergies like this before. It hasn't been this dry in New Mexico for over 40 years. We are back to the dust bowl! One website I have been looking at shows that Albuqueruqe has had 2 days of measurable precipitation since November 2005 and that has only been an accumulated amount of .14 of an inch. We need rain!

The first hour of walking this morning was hard on my lungs, but after the first hour it was much easier to breathe. The last two miles were really difficult which was pretty discouraging. I thought if I walked 10 miles again this weekend it would be a bit easier than last weekend. That just wasn't the case. I am going to psych myself up to 11 miles next Saturday (I was hoping I could push up to 13 miles, but I just don't feel ready).

No comments: