Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A New Plan

I got out the Avon Walk training schedule last weekend, and was both overwhelmed and quite discouraged by the schedule. My mental plan for training has been to train for the walk - and to do the walk one time. The Avon schedule has a training schedule that includes doing MORE than the entire distance of the Avon walk in two consecutive days in the two and three weeks leading up to the walk. Today I finally found an alternative schedule that I am quite happy with. This schedule is on About.com and was created for the Boston Avon Walk in 2005. I really like this schedule because the only time you do the entire walk is on the days of the walk!

Here is the website with the training schedule I will be working toward.

It is close to the workout schedule I started. I am just missing the two longer walks on consecutive days. That will be easy to add.

I am so happy to have found this much more useful training schedule!

No comments: