Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ready to Go


Joel and I are packing tonight. It is a kind of complicated packing job. We are packing for the walk and a trip to Chicago just following the walk. So we are packing for camping (during the walk). The night that we are "on the road" during the walk, all the participants and crew stay in a tent village. There are 2 people tents, showers, and dinner that night. Below is a picture I found of the village on a website. We don't have to take the tent, but we have to take everything else.



I have gotten so many great emails and gifts of good wishes and support over the past several weeks. The flowers in the post are from Joel's parents. They came on Monday, so I have been able to enjoy them all week during my mental preparation.

So we are ready to hit the road!

I was reading through my material. I thought I was not allowed to have a cell phone at the tent village, but I can use it there - so I will plan to call dad on Saturday night.

No comments: