Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tomorrow Marathon Walk

I am mentally preparing today for my 26+ mile walk tomorrow. I have found that most days before I do a long walk I have a lot of nervous energy - especially when I don't have a lot of other things to stress out about. Today, however, has been a pretty relaxing day and I don't feel the usual anxiety. I am ready to do the training walk, my bag is packed, and I know I can make it.

It will probably be in the high 80s tomorrow. I am planning to walk 22 miles with 4 bottles of Gatorade/Water and then I will do the last miles walking on a 2+ mile path near the car - so I can repenish my water supply. The last 5 miles or so will be on pavement.

I was reading several weeks ago about how much your mind plays in to what you can physically accomplish. When your mind is saying no - you can usually press on. Basically your body always wants to be resting, and your mind has the power to keep going. I have found this to be amazingly true. Positive thinking can get you moving 20 miles - if you know you are going to make it.

I am planning to start walking around 6:30am and I should be done at 3pm at the latest. I will be doing my walk tomorrow for Beth's mom.

No comments: