Friday, January 20, 2006

Blisters and Feet

I have a lot to learn about walking and my feet in the next couple of months. I have decided to take a break today from walking and hope my blisters are a bit better for my long walk tomorrow. When I have done long walks before I have had really sore hips and knees so I went to a doctor a couple of weeks ago to see what he might recommend for my legs. He recommended an in-sole for my tennis shoes. I have been using the in-soles for the last two weeks and I really like them. I feel like I can stand properly and straight and I haven't had any of the joint pain I am use to. But changing the in-sole in my shoe has been a big change and I feel like I am having to break-in my tennis shoes all over again. So my current goals are to find good socks and find a good treatment for blisters. I know I will have blisters, I just can't let them slow me down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the training,it seems you should be protecting those blisters and ask around how to protect them. You don't need an infection!Your sister's husband might have some tips too.
Mom

Marge said...

You might check with Cecily about how to best care for your blisters and keep on walking at the same time. Dancers have to do that all the time. If you need her email address, let me know.