Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fish Oil



I started taking fish oil supplements a couple of weeks ago. When I have done long walks in the past I have had a lot of problems with my hip joints and knees. Fish oil is suppose to help joint soreness. When taken in the right doses, fish oil does a lot of amazing things. See the page on Medline Plus that discusses the benefits of fish oil.

Today was my second long outside walk. I walked the outer loop of the neighborhood and the inner loop of the neighborhood. Joel picked me up about 2 miles from home. I walked a little over 5.5 miles today. Not a single tingle of a blister! I got new shoes last week and I am quite happy with them.

I walked for over an hour without seeing a car, a dog, or any other people. I was approaching the far reaches of our neighborhood when two long coated boot wearing walkers appeared from the only cross street in the neighborhood. We were walking exactly the same pace, so instead of following right in step behind them, I turned at the cross road and did an unexpected loop. If you have seen the film, A Child's Christmas in Wales, the two walkers were just like, "two hale young men, with big pipes blazing, no overcoats and wind blown scarfs, would trudge, unspeaking, down to the forlorn sea, to work up an appetite, to blow away the fumes, who knows, to walk into the waves until nothing of them was left but the two furling smoke clouds of their inextinguishable briars."

No comments: