Monday, January 30, 2006

Tired!

I am really tired today from my 5.5 mile walk yesterday. My body isn't tired, I am just exhausted. Seriously exhausted. I have no energy today.

In trying to find some solutions to this energy problem, I found a really great website for long distance walking. It says that it is best to do one long distance walk a week - not several long distance walks. This is good news. I am on the right track.

This website has a sample training schedule for an Avon walk that happened last year. This is the type of schedule I will be following in the last months of my training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that drinking a protein shake made with carrot and greens juice (Trader Joe's) one half hour before and after a workout is very beneficial for endurance and recovery. (My favorite protein powder is Rainbow Light rice protein -- no soy or whey.) When I was training to walk a marathon, the trainer we were working with also said to do several short walks and only one long walk per week. I also cross train. There are some good articles in Runner's World magazine about maximizing recovery. Best wishes with your training!